ElektrikSitar

Monday, August 01, 2005

My trip to the Wesht Coasht Part I

Yes I did move to that part of the country where u see Indians....my sister lives in Albuquerque,New Mexico....so packed my bags and went with my parents (ooh,who by the way,were visiting,,anyhoo..)...First two days was absolute bliss eating my mom;s food...then we decided to do some site seeeing...
first stop was Sandia mountains.....located like 10,000 feet above sea level....and travels by winch(which by the way clicked all the time sending shivers thru meri pyaari ma....).The top of the mountain was 40F during summer ,so u'd better watch outt!!!..I was literally walking out in the clouds...with all mist pouring over...

Next day we visited Santa Fe....my sis;s colleague was a Flamenco artist.....For the uninitiated, flamenco is a Spanish art.It exists in three forms: Cante, the song, Baile, the dance, and Guitarra, guitar playing. This was tiny quaint old fashioned Inn, called the El Farol. They served fruit wine,which my mom thought tasted like draaksha arishtam!!LOL..The sound was thunderous..with dimunitive ladies making some swift movements....it was a treat to watch...

The Indians are divided into tribes...The Hopis,The navajos,the mojaves...are some names that I remember....all reduced to dust by the great white immigrants....The story goes that the Englishmen wiped out the Red Indian colonies by giving them small pox infested bed sheets during...those bastards....The Indians never celebrate Thanksgiving(Thanks for what?!!!)
OR columbus day(The day u stepped in this country was doomsday for us!!!)

However atleast they have some place to call their own.......

.....God bless America....!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home