ElektrikSitar

Sunday, March 26, 2006

New York -Freshlook

Every desi wants to go to NYC
-Take a pic by the Liberty statue( and believe me, the position is fairly dead accurate-crap)
-Rave abt the traffic
-Go to time square, figure what the fuss is about
-Eat desi khana at 28th and Lex,and go atop Empire State and see new york from a terrace...

Well I did all of those things...again last weekend...had to play tour guide to my desi roommate-stood in long lines to have a dharshan of Liberty maata, ate khaana like the world would be flushed out next day. Next part of the ritual- Empire State Building.
We hit 34th and 6th , It was St Patricks day and the Empire state was lit in green, it was a cold crisp afternoon.. Me and my roommate walked around to see the big bad high rises. I gingerly walked around the building, the heights giving me a tizz. Then I saw a couple kissing passionately, it was long and intense, I was casually looking at them, not the “I am watching the show” look.Suddenly,the guy then bent on his one knee, took a small blue case from his pocket, looked into his lady’s eyes and proposed. I am pretty sure it was the wind or the winter. Tizzy,again. Millions of thoughts swam in my head. Real World. Fuck. This shit is amazing. I never believed in fairy tales, may be I want to now…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home